I have seen people who made more preparations for their wedding day than the actual marriage life itself. I have watched these marriages bite the dust eventually and unfortunately. This will never be our portion in Jesus name.
The word of God is one that guides us into all truths as pertains marriage. We can help our children prepare for their future marriage by sowing the WORD and PRAYER. It is not too early to start even before you are married.
WHY MUST WE PRAY FOR OUR CHILDREN CONCERNING FUTURE MARRIAGE NOW?
1. Start them on a very healthy marital foundation through prayers so they do not have to deal with generational evil patterns of an abusive and or broken home. Deal with problems from the root early.
If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?”Psalms 11:3
2. So they can be equally yoked with their soul mate, one given to them to help each other fulfill God’s purpose for marriage and for the kingdom.
Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?Amos 3:3
3. So you can enjoy peace of mind even at old age
When Esau was forty years old, he took as wives Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Basemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite. And they were a grief of mind to Isaac and Rebekah.Genesis 26:34-35
And Rebekah said to Isaac, “I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth; if Jacob takes a wife of the daughters of Heth, like these who are the daughters of the land, what good will my life be to me?”Genesis 27:46
4. To raise a godly generation after them.
5. Marriage is another form of evangelism. The right combination, are torch bearers of the gospel. It is your duty as parents to ensure the torch is carried from one generation to another, blazing the trail for soul winning through active spousal evangelistic partnerships or inactive evangelism through conduct and the peace of a godly home.
6.Your children most definitely, need spiritual support in your absence and that only comes handy when they marry a spiritually sound partner. If there is any form of attack, both can together wreck havoc in the camp of the enemy.
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
How could one chase a thousand, And two put ten thousand to flight, Unless their Rock had sold them, And the Lord had surrendered them?Deuteronomy 32:30
- God is glorified through a heavenly union.
If you haven’t already erected a prayer altar for your children’s future marriage/ spouse, you should do so now.
- Call them by name(You should probably start naming your unborn kids now) while you pray for them.
- Keep a reminder note somewhere you can always see. Could be in your bible or your phone. You could use sticky notes on a board in your private praying area.
- You could start by maintaining a routine until it becomes a part of you to pray without a physical reminder.
- Ask the Holyspirit to help you remember.
- Pray! Just pray!! I say Pray!!
HEAVENLY FATHER, SHOW US TRUE WISDOM IN THESE WORDS AS THE HOLYSPIRIT EMPOWERS US TO PRAY ARIGHT FOR THE CHILDREN YOU HAVE GIVEN TO US…. IN JESUS NAME.
Related post….. STAY CONNECTED TO THE SOURCE