“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.Matthew 5:13-16
On my last blog post, I shared with us words from the book of Esther (4:13-14), on For Such A Time As This. It is a call to action for all women especially those in ministry to rise up and occupy, seizing the opportunity in the current situation of pandemonium to win souls for God. I have often said that our homes are our first ministry. This is an opportunity to take your place in grooming children fit for the rapture. Be the encourager, give your spouses the spiritual, emotional and moral support to lead the family heavenward. Like Queen Esther, It is the set time for you to take your place in your heavenly mandate. Be prepared and prepare others for the coming of our Lord and Savior.
Today, we will look at believers who are the salt of the earth, keeping their savour. I wrote briefly previously, about working out your salvation with fear and trembling and guarding your heart with all diligence so you remain rapturable. I will go further to highlight how we not only stay rapturable but remain spiritually profitable to God, by being the right seasoning in the end time mix.
Judas Iscariot lost his savor, Samson at some point lost his, Saul lost his anointing and was replaced because of disobedience. We’ve got records of people in the scriptures, most of them heavily anointed for a specific mission, who lost relevance and were replaced like Saul. You really do not want to pay heavily for losing your savor like Samson in Judges 16:20 do you? You do not want to be good for nothing, trampled under foot by men and probably rejected by God on the last day.
In case you are thinking whether you fit into all this because you are not ordained or active in ministry, permit me to inform you that the moment you gave your life to Christ, you were commissioned to go into the world to preach of God’s love and return. We are to make disciples of all nations with evidence of signs that follows. This is the mandate of every believer (Mark 16:14-18).
THINGS TO NOTE TO AVOID LOSING YOUR SAVOUR
- Obedience to the leading of the Spirit and the word of God. Disobedience brings about condemnation.
2. Staying in a place of spiritual security and support. Do not neglect the fellowship of the saints. Your power of resistance to attacks is heightened when you fellowship with one another. (Acts 2:40-47)
So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.Acts 2:46-47
3. Develop a constant routine of word study, worship(can be spontaneous too), prayer and fasting.
4. Physical expression of the fruits of the Spirit. You must do everything to let the light of God shine through your character so that men may glorify the Father. (Galatians 5:22-23).
5. Be intentional about grooming your home. This is your first ministry, this cannot be over emphasized. A beautiful home is quick ticket to soul winning. Everyone is attracted to beautiful things. Let Christ through your home be the healing balm in turbulent marriages and families. Malachi 2:14-15 is directed at brothers not to deal treacherously with their wives because he has made them one for the birthing and grooming of godly children. Sisters play your part to ensure your home like the proverbs 31 woman, meets God’s standards.
6. You can do nothing without the Spirit of God leading you. Maintain a sweet communion with the Holyspirit always. (Romans 8:14). Every privilege of sonship is accorded those who walk by the spirit.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.Romans 8:14
7. Flee from LUST. This is one weapon of the enemy to make you hide from God in self condemnation unconsciously and before you know it, you are losing power since you cannot pray and connect effectively. The flesh is constantly at war with the spirit. Starve the flesh. (Galatians 5:17)
For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.Galatians 5:17
LET US PRAY
Heavenly Father I thank you for the grace to be chosen for such a time as this, to be the salt of the earth and a light to the world. I pray for the dear reader today, you and I will never loose our savor as the salt of the earth. We will embrace our God given mandate with grace and zeal. We will never loose relevance and never be trampled under foot in the name of Jesus
Today we take our place in the Kingdom business and the earth will see a godly footprint of our walk here on earth to the glory of God the Father in Jesus mighty name. Amen and amen.
Read more….. Understanding The Mysteries Of The Kingdom